The Floating component simplifies the control of 3-point valve actuators. This component has the following functions:
- analog input, working with PID regulators;
- 2 digital outputs for 3-point direct control valve actuators (the Up and Down slots);
- analog output for 3-point control valve actuators by voltage level (the Out slot, additional device required);
- midnight reset function to automatically adjust physical and virtual valve position.
The Floating component has the following slots:
- Status: indicates the current status of the component (OK, Fault).
- Out: the voltage value controlled by the Floating component mechanism and transferred to the dedicated actuator;
- Up: the digital output for the rising function of a 3-point direct control valve actuator;
- Down: the digital output for the lowing function of a 3-point direct control valve actuator;
- In: the input value representing the required percentage of the actuator openness;
- Deadband: the value limit within which the output deviation from the required value can be ignored;
- Drive Time: the time which the actuator requires to change from the fully closed position to the fully open position (expressed in seconds);
- Reset: resets physical and virtual valve position.
The Floating component has the following action:
- Reset: allows to periodically close the valve in order to synchronize the position of full closure.