The Backups component allows to perform and restore backups.
The Backups component has no configurable slots. It is operated in the Backup Manager view:
The following options are available in the Backup Manager:
- Backup: creates a backup and saves it on the device; each next backup overwrites the last backup unless saved locally with the Download Backup option;
- Download Backup: downloads a backup to the PC and saves it under a selected name in the iSMA Tool’s default backup folder (home\backup\nano EDGE ENGINE); after downloading, the backup is displayed in the Local Backups section;
While downloading a backup, it is possible to set its individual name:
- Delete Backup: removes a backup from a selected location (PC or device);
- Restore: restores a backup to the device from a selected location (PC or most current backup saved on the device).
While restoring a backup, it is possible to selected whether the IP address is restored from the backup too, or lest as set on the device. By default, the option to restore IP address from a backup is unchecked.
Note: The only thing subject to selection in backup restoring is the IP address. The other items, including users and passwords are restored from the backup.
The Backups component has one read-only slot:
- Action: informs, which action is currently ongoing.