The ModbusNumericWritable is a component, which is responsible for sending and reading numeric values from the device.
The ModbusNumericWritable component has the following slots:
- Status: point’s status, available states:
- Available states: OK (point is working properly), Disabled (point is disabled, the Enable slot is in false), Down/Timeout (point is not available), Device Down (device is not available), Wrong address format (incorrect address format according to the address format setting slot), Device disabled (device is disabled), Network disabled (Modbus network is disabled).
- Fault Cause: fault cause description;
- Fault Status: point error status;
- Available options: true (point read/write error), false;
- Address Format: register address format;
- Available options: Modbus, decimal;
- Address: register address;
- Data Type: read/write register data type;
- Available options: Int: 16-bits, Long: 32-bits, Float: 32-bits float-point, SInt: 16-bits with sign, Slong: 32-bits with sign, IntF16- use Function 16, SIntF16: use Function 16 (Function 16: Modbus function for sending one register);
- Poll Frequency: reading poll frequency;
- Available options: fast, normal, slow;
- Write Type: writing mode;
- Available options: COV - only on input change, COV_PollFrequency: on input change and periodically, PollFrequency - only periodically, COV_LinkSet (Link-back forward triggered by COV);
- Trigger: forcefully send the value (on rising edge), regardless of the current poll mode,
- Out: output slot, the current value of the device register,
- In: input slot.
The ModbusNumericWritable component has the following actions available under the right mouse button:
- Set: writes a value to the In slot and sends it to the device;
- Write: sends a value from the In slot to the device;
- Read: reads a value from the device and sends it to the Out slot.