In the Modbus protocol each device has an implemented Modbus table. Sedona has 5 components to read/write data from this table:
- Boolean Point: reads Boolean values (Modbus command 0x02);
- Boolean Writable: reads/writes Boolean values (read: Modbus command 0x02, write: Modbus command 0x05);
- Numeric Point: reads numeric values (Modbus commands: 0x03 for reading holding registers, 0x04 for reading input registers);
- Numeric Writable: reads/writes numeric values (Modbus commands: 0x03 and 0x04 for reading, 0x06 for writing 16-bits Int, SInt values, 0x10 for writing 32-bits Long, SLong, Float values);
- Numeric Multi Point: reads up to eight 16-bits registers (Modbus commands 0x03 and 0x04).