The main part of the display shows current sensor values, the setpoint value, and the user defined parameters with their assigned units. It is subject to the user’s choice, which particular sensor value or the actual setpoint value is shown or not. The chosen values are displayed one after another repeatedly.
REFRESHING_TIME (AO 13)
The REFRESHING_TIME is an Analog Output object number 13, which determines the duration of displaying the parameter in the main menu. When the Refreshing Time elapses, the next parameter is displayed according to the sequence of the parameters display. This object has a software limitation, where the min. time value is 1 second. The default value of this object is 2 seconds (each parameter is displayed every 2 seconds).
The sequence of the parameter display:
- The current temperature sensor value (if active);
- The current humidity sensor value (if active);
- The current CO2 sensor value (if active);
- The temperature setpoint (if active);
- The user defined parameter with the highest priority;
- The user defined parameter with the lowest priority.
The parameters are shown on the 8-segment display block according to the type of the parameter:
- For the numeric type parameter, the value of the parameter and the unit (defined by the user) are displayed.
- For the Boolean type parameter, the text (defined by the user), which corresponds to the current logic state, is displayed.
After the room panel restarts, the user defined parameters are not displayed until they are overwritten from a higher level system.
If only one parameter is active, its value is refreshed with an interval stored in the REFRESHING_TIME object.
If one or more user defined parameters have the same priority, the object with the lowest address is displayed first.
In the upper right corner of the display, there are four 14-segment displays to show the clock, submenu, and parameter names. These names are stored in object description properties. The display can only use standard ASCII characters.
LCD Background Illumination Settings
If one of the four keypad buttons is pressed, the room panel changes its status into the Active mode.
The same happens if the power supply is reconnected or after the room panel is restarted.
In case if there is no keypad activity and the room panel remains ON, next Background illumination modes are activated. The LCD display illuminates only if the status of the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_ACTIVE (BO 3) object is true. If not, the LCD display is never illuminated.
The particular modes are activated one after another according to the following sequence:
- Active: the mode is activated after pushing any of the keypad buttons or after the room panel is restarted. The LCD display illuminates with a brightness level stored in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_FOR_ACTIVE_MODE object. By default, the value of illumination for the active mode is 60%. It means that the display illuminates with 60% of the maximum possible brightness. The LCD display stays in the Active mode as long as it is determined in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_TIME_TO_IDLE object. The object contains time value in seconds (by default 10 sec) and the time countdown starts when the Active mode becomes active. It means that pressing any of the keypad buttons resets the timer and countdown starts again.
- Idle: the Idle mode is always activated after the Active mode (once the Time to Idle is up). The display illuminates with a brightness level stored in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_FOR_IDLE_MODE object (default value: 40%). The display remains in the Idle mode during the time stored in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_TIME_TO_STANDBY object (default value: 5 sec).
- Standby: the mode is always activated after the Idle mode (once the Time to Standby is up). The display illuminates with a brightness level stored in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_FOR_STANDBY_MODE object (default value: 0%). The display stays in the Standby mode as long as the Active mode is not initiated.
The current LCD display brightness level value is stored in the BACKGROUND_ILLUMINATION_LCD_CURRENT_VALUE object.