Applicable to OS version 126.96.36.19992
The Ethernet component is always associated with an Ethernet port it manages. It is, therefore, named consecutively according to the number of the physical Ethernet port it manages: Ethernet1, Ethernet2, etc.
The Ethernet component allows to configure three essential features to connect the controller to the network: IP address, mask, and default gateway; it is the most important component in terms of network configuration.
The Ethernet component has the following slots:
- Info: informs about a required device restart after changing one of the parameters (displayed after a new information is saved to the device);
- IP Address: allows to set the IP address of the device; by default the address is set to 192.168.1.123;
- Mask: allows to set the mask of the device; by default the mask is set to 255.255.255.0;
- Default Gateway: allows to set the default gateway of the device; by default it is set to 192.168.1.1;
- MAC Address: shows the MAC address of the device.
Note: Each device has a default, constant IP address: 188.8.131.52. In order to connect the device to the network it has to work with, the IP address may be set manually by the user according to the user's network requirements. It may also be left as is. The IP address setting is totally depending on the user's requirements.