Applicable to OS version 220.127.116.1192
The Device component is a component to configure data for communication with a server device in the Modbus network. The RAC18-IP controller acts as a client device in the Modbus network, and the Device component allows to add remote devices connected on the RS485 port, set their unique addresses and ping registers. The ping register number defines the remote device register, which answers the master request–if there is no response from the slave device, the Device component goes into the Down status.
The Device component has the following slots:
- Status: indicates the current status of the component; if the component works properly, its status is OK. The component becomes Disabled, once the Enabled slot is in false. The component's status is Fault, once the Address slot is null. If there is no response from the addressed device, the component goes into the Down status.
- Available information: Disabled, Fault, Down, OK.
- Enabled: change of the slot's value enables or disables the component.
- Available settings: true (enabled), false (disabled).
Note: If the Enabled slot is in false (meaning the component is disabled), the Status slot becomes Disabled.
- Address: allows to set the unique address of the remote device in the Modbus network;
- Ping Register: allows to set the number of the remote device's register (in decimal format), which will provide answers for the master device's Modbus requests.