Applicable to OS V1.0-1.4
The Thermostat component executes a basic thermostatic control. The In slot value is compared with the Setpoint value, and the thermostat is switched on or off accordingly. The Differential slot value provides a deadband for the current input value. The Thermostat component may be set in the Direct mode (reflecting a cooling process) or in the Reverse mode (reflecting a heating process).
The Thermostat component has the following slots:
- Status: indicates the current status of the component (OK, Fault);
- Out: indicates whether a thermostat is switched on or off;
- Control Variable: the current input value (measured temperature);
- Setpoint: the setpoint value (temperature setpoint);
- Differential: the deadband set for the current input value–if the Setpoint value is, for example, 25, the Diff value set to 2 means that for the Cv slot values from 23 to 27 no action is taken;
- Mode: allows to choose a Direct or Reverse operation mode of the component–the Direct mode reflects the cooling process, and the Reverse mode reflects the heating process.