The context menu is displayed after selecting a component or link and right-clicking it.
The context menu content depends on the type of object that has been selected. The menu’s content will be different for one component or link, different after selecting many components or many links, and different when components and links are selected together at the same time.
If using one of the options in the menu is impossible for what the user has selected, this option will be inactive.
The options available in the context menu are the following:
- Views: allows to display component’s data in one of the defined standard views (Wire Sheet, Property Sheet, Slot Sheet) or in other views if they are available for a particular component;
- Actions: shows a list of actions that may be evoked for the given component such as Override or Set actions;
- Copy: (shortcut Ctrl + C) remembering and copying of selected component along with all its properties, settings, and links information;
- Paste: (shortcut Ctrl + V) pasting of previously remembered component into a specific place and possible recreation of internal links;
- Paste Special: same as the Paste option, plus recreating of incoming external links, if possible;
- Duplicate: (shortcut Ctrl + D) duplication of selected components in the same location;
- Delete: (shortcut Del) removal of selected components;
- Link Mark: defining the component from which a link will be led;
- Link Form: defining the component to which a link will be led;
- Reorder: changing of the order of components within a parent component;
- Rename: changing a component’s name.
The figure below shows the context menu, which appears after right-clicking a single component. Options Paste and Paste Special are inactive because a Copy option has not been used. Similarly, the Link From option is inactive because the source component for a link has not been defined by a Link Mark option.
The context menu visible below appears after right-clicking a link. Apart from removing it, no other operation can be performed on a link.
After selecting many components or mixed objects (component with link) most of the options are inactive because the iSMA Tool cannot perform operations on many objects simultaneously. Options available in this case will be Copy, Duplicate, and Delete, which will be performed on all selected objects.