The NVNumericWritable is a component that stores the output value in the non-volatile memory of the device. After the power failure or rebooting the device, the component value is restored from this particular memory. The space meter of the occupied EEPROM memory is located in the plat component.
Note: The way of calculating memory cells for NV components is described in the Plat service section.
The NVNumericWritable component is also used to integrate numeric (float) variables from various sources. It is done using "reverse following the link" function. The Out slot is connected to the In slots of various protocols, for example, BACnet or Modbus variable. Upon changing a value in one of the components, the device will perform the set action on the NV component to synchronize the values in all the connected components.
The NVNumericWritable component has the following slots:
- Status: the point’s actual status (Auto/Hand);
- Out: the output slot;
- In: the input slot;
- User: the user value slot (setting by Set action);
- Default: the default value slot (set by the global command from plat action);
- Default Trigger: copying trigger from Default to Out.
The NVNumericWritable component offers the following actions, available under the right mouse button:
- Set: sets the User slot and In the slot if there is no link to the In slot;
- Set In Hand: sets the value to the Out slot, and blocks changing it from any other slots;
- Set In Auto: switches off the Hand mode, and sets the Out slot according to the In slot’s value.