The NVNetNumeric is a component that stores the output value in the non-volatile EEPROM memory of the device. After rebooting the device or power failure, the component value is restored from this particular memory. The NVNetNumeric component occupies a single memory cell of the numeric type.
The NVNetNumeric component has to be placed under the SlaveNetwork component.
Note: The method of calculating memory cells for NV components is described in the Plat service section.
The NVNetNumeric component is used also to integrate numeric (float) variables from various sources. It is done using the "reverse following the link" function. The Out slot is connected to the In slots of various protocols, for example, BACnet or Modbus variable. After changing a value in one of the components, the device performs the Set action on the NVNet component to synchronize the values in all the connected components. This option is enabled only if the Link Set slot is set to true.
The NVNetNumeric component has the following slots:
- Status: the actual status of the component;
- Fault Cause: shows the fault case description;
- Units: allows to set the BACnet unit of the point;
- Data Type: allows to set the type of data (Int, Long, Float, SInt, SLong);
WARNING! Data types: Long, Slong, and Float, consume 2 registers, therefore each next network variable address must leave one address gap.
- Register Type: allows to set the register type for the master device (Holding Register: read/write, Input Register: read-only);
- BACnet Divide By10: if the slot is set to true, and the device communicates with the BACnet protocol, the value of the read/write point is equal to the value received from the Out slot divided by 10;
- Analog Value Id: allows to set the Id of the BACnet object;
- Modbus Register: displays the number of the Modbus register;
Note: Modbus Register = 100 + Analog Value Id.
- Link Set: if the slot is set to true, the "reverse following the link" function is activated, and it invokess the Set action in the component linked to the In slot;
- Out: the output slot;
- In: the input slot;
- Cov Increment: allows to set the minimum change of value;
- User: the user value slot (set by the Set action);
- Default: the default value slot (set by the global command from the plat action);
- Default Trigger: copies values from the Default slot to the Out slot on the rising edge.
The NVNetNumeric component offers the following action, available in the context menu:
- Set: the action sets the User slot and the In slot (if there is no link to the In slot).