The iSMA Android Application is equipped with the Rest API interface, which provides a remote access to some of application's functions like modifying saved connections or managing screen brightness and inactivity timeout. Rest API, when enabled, is available on the port 5580.
A complete functional documentation of the iSMA Android Application's Rest API is available in the iSMA-Android-Application_Rest-API.html document. It provides commands in the following programming languages:
- Java for Android;
The Rest API for the iSMA Android Application is available in two versions.
Rest API V1.0.0
The API V1.0.0 has the following functionalities:
- managing the Kiosk mode;
- managing an autostart connection view;
- adding, editing, and removing connection views.
Note: Rest API does not require an additional authentication. Make sure to use the Rest API V.1.0.0 only on a secured network.
Rest API V2.0.0
The API V2.0.0 has the following functionalities:
- enables an HTTP basic authentication;
- managing screen brightness and timeout;
- playing tunes on a device's speaker;
- protection with a configurable username and password.
Note: Taking into consideration required functionalities, enable the relevant Rest API version in the application's menu.